• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pay During Training - Accomodation & Food

Finnigan

LAC
Hey everyone, been browsing the forums for a while now and found a fair bit of decent gen.

One thing i've not found an up-to-date response for is about pay during training.

On the RAF Website, it says for NCA (i'm joining as ATC SNCO DE)

Pay during first sixth months of training : £13,895

Pay for remainder of training: £27,051

Couple of questions:

How much comes out of your pay for accomodation and food while at Halton/Cranwell/Shawbury?

When does this sixth month time period start/finish? (i.e is it literally the day you sign up until exactly 6 months later)

Would training be classed as finished at the end of shawbury (then go onto full pay once graduated)?

Cheers in advance for any responses!

LilStill

Sergeant
At Halton you will be paid the New Entrant Rate of Pay (about 14.1k) and food charge is about £120 with accomodation about £20. If for whatever reason you are still an AC at 6 months - your pay will rise to ~17k. Once you move onto Cranwell to do the instant Sergeants course, you should move onto Sgt pay at the completion of that course. I'm afraid I don't know about Shawbury or Cranwell charges.

84scouse

SAC
Cranwell will have the same charges as Halton, but RAF Shawbury is CRL (pay as you dine), so there are no charges for food, only accommodation. Core meals are charged at (approx) 1.20 for breakfast, 1.45 for dinner, and 1.86 for tea. There's then supreme options too where you can spend a bit more. Accommodation charges at Shawbury should be the same as Halton & Cranwell.

Hannibal

LAC
At Halton you'll get about 900-950 after the deductions. Cranwell you'll get the same however there's an extra payment of around £40 per month which entitles you to all the extra bits and bobs in the mess. You'd progress onto the next pay scale after finishing Cranwell and then again after finishing Shawbury.
I'm currently finished at Halton on satt waiting to go onto Christmas leave, doing the same course as you hope to get your teeth into! Cranwell next for me :PDT_Xtremez_31:

Back