• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Permissions on a separate hard drive

I'm trying to copy the contents of the hard drive of my old laptop that threw a wobbly a while back. I've bought a hard drive reader/adaptor and am attempting to copy the files onto my new one.

When I try to view/copy and paste them I am asked to take permission for them. I have to do this for each file/folder. My problem is that when I first started footering about at this I didn't check the 'Replace owner on all subcontainers and folders' box. When I go back into the security tab I'm presented with a different screen but can't figure out what to do to correct this mistake.

Am I going about this the right way?

Can anybody point me in the right direction wrt this problem (if i've explained it correctly)?

NW

:PDT_Xtremez_35:

Back