• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phenom 2 ?

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
My computer had another of it's occasional hiccoughs recently. Whatever went wrong it is almost instant Blue Screen after the BIOS had done its bit. But a chat with the shop got me how to get it better.
However,
I bought a bare bones machine (Case, CPU, Mbd, RAM). I collected it today. It's an AMD Phenom 2.
Google has not been a lot of help. Anything other than "its a CPU" or "it's otherwise known as K10" is impossible to find.
I am told it's a dual -core thing. Does this mean I need XP64 ?

My computer had another of it's occasional hiccoughs recently. Whatever went wrong it is almost instant Blue Screen after the BIOS had done its bit. But a chat with the shop got me how to get it better.
However,
I bought a bare bones machine (Case, CPU, Mbd, RAM). I collected it today. It's an AMD Phenom 2.
Google has not been a lot of help. Anything other than "its a CPU" or "it's otherwise known as K10" is impossible to find.
I am told it's a dual -core thing. Does this mean I need XP64 ?

Na mate as long as ur have less than 4gb of ram no need for 64bit OS, so AMD phenom 2? l have the 920 quad core and run it with vista home 32bit os no dramas with it.

So if u have more than 4gb go get 64 bit OS if less than 4gb go 32bit OS :) with that if you have 4gb your system can only see about 3.5gb of it :) if you are using 32bit OS.

Right my head hurts ttfn hope this helps.

M

monobrow

XP 64 bit is crap. If however you want to utilise the 64 bit properly you will have to go to Vista or 7 64 bit (or one of the many Linux 64 bit distro's). 64 bit capable chips will run XP 32 bit much as I am doing now...

As for info on the Phenom II -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenom_II

Back