• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Piercings

• Thread starter Thread starter bravadofridays
  • Start date Start date
B

bravadofridays

Hi All,

A quick question on behalf of a friend of mine who is also applying to be an officer. He got his ear pierced about a month ago, he will obviously take out his earring when he goes to interviews, does phys, OASC etc will that be ok?

or will the fact that he got his ear pierced go against him? He is worried now after i decided against getting a tattoo just in case it counts as a negative against me.

Thanks again

Bravadofridays

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hi All,

A quick question on behalf of a friend of mine who is also applying to be an officer. He got his ear pierced about a month ago, he will obviously take out his earring when he goes to interviews, does phys, OASC etc will that be ok?

or will the fact that he got his ear pierced go against him? He is worried now after i decided against getting a tattoo just in case it counts as a negative against me.

Thanks again

Bravadofridays

Before I joined I had my ear pierced twice (was the fashion in those days)...As a groundie living in Cornwall I continued to wear a gold ring in my left ear as many of my mates did just taking it out for work/rugby etc...

Then the fashion changed and I stopped wearing it but it still amuses others on my crew when I borrow the most dangly awful looking thing in the boozer we are in and it goes straight through! You can see the holes quite clearly and I don't think anyone has ever commented on it in a negative way...

OldMedic

Corporal
Can't resist commenting that tattoos and piercings are sometimes found in the most peculiar places.

As nurses, most of us will have have seen some very odd ones.

I recall one youth who had the words "All for you" tattooed just above his pubic hairline - that certainly raised a laugh when he was in theatre for surgery. Studs in foreskins are also more common than one might imagine.

It takes all sorts!

R

Reformed Scribbly

I doubt it would go against him. Although I wouldn't advise wearing a David Beckham style glass/diamondique/zirconium stud in interview. Or any in fact.

We look at the individual for their merits and personal qualities. Not questionable attitude to despoiling their bodies with bits of metal and ink. :PDT_Xtremez_14:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Now Now

Now Now

I doubt it would go against him. Although I wouldn't advise wearing a David Beckham style glass/diamondique/zirconium stud in interview. Or any in fact.

We look at the individual for their merits and personal qualities. Not questionable attitude to despoiling their bodies with bits of metal and ink. :PDT_Xtremez_14:

I think you'll find we do care about tattoos and such like if they don't follow our service ethos, AP1 and AP3392 Vol5 Lft 123 refers, however, a single ear piercing won't show up on the radar but I would recommend not wearing it when attending formal selection events.

Good luck to your mate.

Spiders web face tattoos and flesh tunnels are a no no by the way.

Back