• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pilot + Chest Infection

R

RAFobserver

In my childhood i was prescribed inhaler pumps for a chest infection. After a few weeks it all cleared up and i havent had anything since. I was under 10 when it happened.

No amount of physical excersie makes me wheeze or have any asthmatic symptoms, ive even been checked over by a doctor and given the all clear. Ive been given my medical records and it doesnt say asthma anywhere. Just i had a chest infection and was given pumps.

Is this likely to be a no when applying to aircrew roles?

I hope this is the right section to ask, thanks!

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Only an AFCO and a Doctor can give you a definitive answer, however I cannot see a common infection at age 10 being a bar to entry?

I had Pleurisy, basically caused by a chest infection, while in basic training and am now in my 23rd year in the RAF. It should not be a problem :)