• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Police cautions?

• Thread starter Thread starter ilovetorres09
  • Start date Start date
I

ilovetorres09

Hi all, i'm a newb so go easy on me! Im thinking of joining as an Int officer or maybe regiment officer, however around about 18months ago i was caught in possesion of a small amount of weed, i handed it over to the police officer and was given a cannabis possession warning, this wasn't a caution or a fixed penalty notice, just a warning. Now before i get shot down in flames for what was and is a ****ing stupid thing to do and (in all honestly i'm glad i was caught because it gave me a kick up the arse i needed) will this hinder my application? Will it be visible to the recruiting staff in any checks they do on me as i wasn't arrested? If asked have i ever taken drugs i will answer honestly, i have done.
From that day forth i never smoked another joint or fag because it scared me how easily i could wreck my life for the sake of getting high. I don't need to be told drugs and the armed forces i don't go...i know, drugs and general day to day life don't go. :PDT_Xtremez_35:I made a mistake, i realised, i rectifyed.
Thanks for your advice

M

milothesuperdog

hello mate

I had similar worries with regards to the spliff smoking - I have been smoking til quite recently but have now given up. I figured I'd test positive for a drugs test in the medical so at my AFCO i came clean with it and told one of the corporals all the truth about it. However, my drug history never included being warned by the police after being caught in possession. Integrity is respected greater within the RAF than being caught for something you did that you deem an irrelevant thing now that you have given it up. I can advise you on the use of drugs, but I'm not sure as to the steps to take following a warning. I know the feeling of kicking cannabis, well done mate. I kicked the fags as well prior to my fitness training that I have now began before my PGAC. Good luck man and I hope someone else can guide you better on this matter.

Just be honest at all stages. Better to be honest than to be caught out :PDT_Xtremez_26:

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Best to just front up and be honest at the AFCO...

They will do background checks on you and find out...

R

Reformed Scribbly

Be honest in the AFCO, from what you've put there it should not be an issue.

Part of the selection process will involve background checks. If something comes up there that you have not already disclosed, then you will have issues as your integrity will be called into question.

M

Military_Muscle

As stated above, been honest. You shouldn't have any major problems. I received two police cautions in the past and my application went smoothly.

:PDT_Xtremez_26:

I

ilovetorres09

Cheers guys, it's not an issue now, i haven't even been tempted and i've been clear for 18months now, so im not worried about passing a drug test, i believe its gone from you urine in 1-3 months, i'm just worried i'll be looked down upon and be discarded without a second look. We all make mistakes and it's a very easy lifestyle to fall into, but all i'm hoping for is i'll be given a chance to prove myself without being judged for something i did in the past. I think this is more of an issue as im going for an officer role, and that is not meant in any derogatory manner to any non-officers, just that i imagine as an officer you've got to be whiter than white? And i've already ****ed the bed so to speak!!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Tell the truth

Tell the truth

It's on record somewhere now so just be honest with the Staff, only admit it when asked, but don't panic and lie.

Honestry, reflection and regretfulness are worthwhile characteristics, being a lying git aint.

Good Luck

G

G Bonna

tell them about it but cautions dont show on your record so doubt they will do on any of the background checks, i had a fixed penalty fine about six months before they did my checks told them about it before and they said not to worry as the reason i was given the fine was to stop the actual offence going any further, eg, onto my record.

So dont worry about it just keep off the green

W

Winny

Im not that well educated about the RAF policy in general. But I got into a fight with a kid when I was about 16/17 and busted him up pretty good. Anyway turns out his old man was a police officer and it went to court, community service, paid compensation, the works basically, and even this didnt crop up on my application. Although I had mentioned it in a chatty sorta way before I put my application through because I was asked. I did explain it was just a silly fight when I was younger that got out of hand (me and the lad ended up pretty good mates, and he admits he deserved it now :P ) So Id say honesty is the best policy.

I dont know if it changes as far as drugs go, but I wouldnt be too worried about it. We all do stupid things at some point or another, whilst they cant all be overlooked, if you tell the truth, it gives you the opportunity to elaborate on what actually happened and how you learnt from it etc. But lying and getting found out your gonna be pretty screwed I'd imagine.

K

Kay

During some point of your application they say something about the armed forces policy on drug use and they said that they accept that some people have had experiences with it in the past, but as long as it's in the past and was nothing massive, and you're honest, they don't end your application because of it or anything :)

Back