• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Port 8080 blocked

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I've just noticed that port 8080 is blocked on my PC adn as such F@H hasn't sent any units in...

Any idea's on how to unblock it?

Is is a firewall problem or a router problem??

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Could be either,
what firewall you using? I think zone alarm allows port unblocking.....so does xp's built in one.
If its your router there should be a port forwarding option in there somewhere log into it and check through options, Netgear ones have web page which allows this setup.
I know I had to assign certain ports for WOW (I know its sad) to play.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
What port is used by Internet Explorer? Tell F@H to use that. Works for me.

:PDT_Xtremez_14:

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Internet explorer may use several different outgoing ports, port 8080 is a proxy port and is what port it uses at the other end.

Back