• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

possible new recruit

• Thread starter Thread starter abidan
  • Start date Start date
A

abidan

Hi all,
I am 19 years old, living in Lincolnshire and hopefully following in the footsteps of my now distant family into the forces. I would really like to meet people in these forums to benefit from your knowledge and experience, that is if you don't mind!
It is now 11 Months since I took the initiative and walked into the Forces career office in Lincoln to sign up. My main interest in the RAF is Avionics Electronics/Technician. After having passed the pre-joining fitness test last week i now move onto the next stage in the recruitment process (with a little trepidation i must admit!) but i am not entirely sure what it is.
I would really appreciate feedback from any of you regarding what happens next?

Heres to a good discussion!

Thanks abidan

F

FeedTheYak

Hi Abidan,
Firstly, well done on getting this far in the selection process. Secondly, I know that the recruiters in Lincoln will be, only too happy to explain anything you need answers to.
The Pre Joining Fit Test, is effectively the last stage in the process. Once you pass that, the AFCO will request a date for you to enter the RAF. Once they have this date, it will also be mandatory, that you have to attend a pre joining visit to RAF Halton, where you will undergo certain fitness evaluations amoungst other things.
You are nearly in the RAF, and you should have no problems for here on in. Keep your head up, stay focussed and be confident in your descision to join up. Its going to be what you put into it that will determine what you get out of the RAF. Dont let any former or current serving persons try to bad mouth your choice. Good luck

wes_cov

LAC
Congratulations on getting thus far,

Only advice i can really offer is when you get to Halton just play the game keep your head down put in the effort and you will sail through

from personal experience there will be 3 types of people at Halton:

- people who don't really want to be there but had nothing better to do who will try to fight the system these people make it hard for themselves and can make it harder for their flight

- People constantly trying to out do everyone else but then won't try to help and encourage others these type of people get alienated and can bring down morale

- People who get their head down get the job done they might excel in some areas but are happy to help others and in ruturn other people are happy to help them in areas they might struggle

But as with any replies on here this is just my opinions and there are alot of those on here!!!

Back