• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Possible re-entry

• Thread starter Thread starter Muaythai21
  • Start date Start date
M

Muaythai21

Hey, Well here goes,

I was at RAF Halton as a recruit nearly 2 years ago but i think it just proved a bit much for me at the time and I handed in my VW form to leave. I ended up being re flighted the day I handed in my form and to be honest that just made things worse.

Anywayz I took a bit of a bad turn and ended up at the med centre where they said I had high blood pressure due to stress and kept me there the night. The next day i spent the final 2 weeks at home before returning to complete my discharge. On my medical forms its says that on my pre departure medical that I was fully healthy and one of the Officers who dealt with my discharge stated that he would recommend that should i wish to re apply then I should be considered.

I was just wondering what the RAF's policy is on re entry. I have given it nearly 2 years before re applying and I am much more mature and ready sign up again and give it my all. I realise I had made a huge mistake leaving but unfortunately whats done is done. Can anybody shed any light on how the recruitment team in glasgow will decide upon wether I will be allowed to undergo the recruitment process again or not and roughly what are my chances ?

Thanks alot, Shaun Summerskill

K

Krusty_Crab

What trade did you apply for last time and what trades are you considering this time?

M

Muaythai21

What trade did you apply for last time and what trades are you considering this time?

I applied for steward as my first choice and MT driver as my second. This time I wanna apply for MT driver as my first choice and maybe REG. Gunner as my second as I am more of an outdoors person and in very good physical shape !

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
You'll be okay to apply

You'll be okay to apply

If it was 2 years ago and your discharge docs don't mention the medical issue, which sounds temporary to me, then you shouldn't have an issue. It's the yo-yo applicants that annoy careers office staff.

You'll need to take your discharge papers in and look at what jobs the Air Force have available, you'll probably find MT closed and even Gunners are getting choosey.

Good Luck

Y

Yidmister

If it was 2 years ago and your discharge docs don't mention the medical issue, which sounds temporary to me, then you shouldn't have an issue. It's the yo-yo applicants that annoy careers office staff.

You'll need to take your discharge papers in and look at what jobs the Air Force have available, you'll probably find MT closed and even Gunners are getting choosey.

Good Luck

I totally agree, The RAF will look at your discharge documents and look at your medical records. If they are all good there should be no reason why you couldn't make another application. Currently MT is closed and will be for some considerable time. If you think you are fit enough and have what it takes for the Regiment give the AFCO a call and they will call you in for a chat.

Back