• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Post graduate engineering

• Thread starter Thread starter Huey
  • Start date Start date
H

Huey

Hey all,
AFCO has sent me a leaflet about the post graduate engineering scheme; where engineering students can spend a year as an acting pilot officer working in various areas of RAF engineering. If anyone has done this, or could suggest whether it is a good thing I should consider doing, please let me know.
Thanks
Sam

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Hey all,
AFCO has sent me a leaflet about the post graduate engineering scheme; where engineering students can spend a year as an acting pilot officer working in various areas of RAF engineering. If anyone has done this, or could suggest whether it is a good thing I should consider doing, please let me know.
Thanks
Sam

Air or Ex Air Cadet by any chance?? Engineering Officers are managers.... Sometimes they might be involved in project work were engineering knowledge will determine the outcome, but on Squadrons and Base you will be a manager first and an engineer second. Your SNEC's will have already sourced solutions.........

There is no harm in seeing the RAF by this scheme I would have thought...

Our JEngO is banging out and going into the building trade!!

F

fergo

These places are very limited and are only available through certian Uni's as far as i am aware.

I met a guy who did a "sandwich" year in the RAF at Coningsby, afterwards he did not want to continue onto a career in the RAF. It is a relatively new scheme.

IMHO if you are at Uni or are going to Uni and want to be an Engo you could maybe apply to OASC for Uni bursary or join your UAS.

I have some more info on this, PM me if your interested

Back