• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Posting to Blandford

green Man

LAC
Posted on promotion to Blandford, anyone been there ?, heard horror stories about the place. What are the best quarters etc...

Any info appreciated.

Cheers Egoaters

Done a few courses there, so no comment on quarters. The town seemed nice enough until it got dark, then lots of baby pongo fighting. Nice area if you like being darn sarf, but being barmy army, I would try & get away from camp!

Not much help, but there are only a few RAF there if I remember correctly.

Pete

mycky

LAC
Depends on the size of quarter your after.

2 bed wise i would say south crescent are just about the best. 3 bed try get central park. The quarters have been recently renovated and are not too bad.

As stated the local area is great lots of good stuff on your doorstep. great for the kids.

Workwise not great tbh. Bit out of trade and the civis are probably worse than the pongos...

There are around 20 RAF personell mostly Sgts and above. if you pm me i could give you some contacts to speak to. i was there not too long ago.

Been at Blandford for over 4 years now.

Location is great, houses are good as long as you get South Crescent, Race Down, College Road or Central Park. The school is amazing if you have young kids. Being permanent staff is not as bad as being on course here, Barmy Army have their moments.

Feel free to PM me any other Q's.