• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Posting Videos

• Thread starter Thread starter Mohammed The Bear
  • Start date Start date
M

Mohammed The Bear

I've got a video in Real Player sitting on my desk top that is 3.66MB how can I post it into a thread........... all suggestions greatly appreciated, even rude ones:PDT_Xtremez_14:

MingMong

Warrant Officer
We don't have the facility to be able to do that as yet, the best option would be to host it somewhere else, and post a link to it, or alternatively, convert to a different format, post it onto youtube and then link to it there.

Unfortunately we do not have enough server capacity to be able to host loads of videos.

T

The Masked Geek

That's what you get for going with Northern Rock..... :PDT_Xtremez_28:

MingMong

Warrant Officer
How about power point presentations? I asked a while ago but no one answered.

If you zip or rar it then you could add it as an attachment.
I think that a rar file allows you to upload a larger filesize (about 900k), however more people probably have the ability to unzip than can unrar files.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
How about power point presentations? I asked a while ago but no one answered.

Easiest way is to convert it to a video using something like this then post it on YT. Will leave a watermark in the corner unless you want to pay big bucks but not really a big deal.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Thankyou MingMong.

I zipped one up but its too big. 220kb. It'll only accept up to 97.7kb.
(Zipping it only compressed it from 315kb to 220kb)
I havent a clue about rar!

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Download Winrar from HERE

It's just like using zip but uses a different compression method.
Download, install and off you go.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
The RAR compression is used more professionally than by the majority of PC users. It has a wierd structure, but it works quite well. Alternatives are 7Zip and WinAce (brilliant), both of which will decompress an RAR file.

Anyone seeking a copy of these programmes please let me know.

:PDT_Xtremez_14:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I tried to put it onto youtube. It said to convert it using movie maker which then said i dont have the codecs for it...........................my head hurts!:PDT_Xtremez_35:
Never mind, I'll figure it some other time.
Thanks anyway gents. :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Back