• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Potential Int A saying 'hi'!

• Thread starter Thread starter Kilo Tango
  • Start date Start date
K

Kilo Tango

Hi all!

Thought I should introduce myself – I have been lurking for a while and realise it is a bit creepy.

I am 22 and hoping to move from a ‘career’ in TV production and become an RAF Intelligence Analyst (probably owing to my general creepiness). Have signed up for those bloody text alerts for fitness training and am looking forward to my initial interview at the AFCO.

If anyone does take the time to read this (and thankyou if you do), I’d be interested to know what would you say is the single best thing about life in the RAF?

Cheers,

KT

K

Kilo Tango

I know that posting here is does not preclude me from mychosen trade - in fact my AFCO suggested this site.

Moving on, what would you say is the best thing about being in the RAF AlienFB?

ZebrasKneecaps

Corporal
hmm, going for Int and advertising the fact on an open forum.

Nice one mate.

:PDT_Xtremez_42:

Off TopicAnd........ whats your point??? There's plenty of us on here who are Int, just check the Spooks forum. I guess that's the beauty of an anonymous forum, i'm sure he'll appreciate your constructive comment though. stfu

Welcome to E-Goat Kilo Tango. If you search through, there's a few threads with info on joining as an Intelligence Analyst which a few of us have helped out with. If all else fails, PM me and ill answer any questions.

One of the best bits of RAF life for me is the mates you'll make along the way. You wont see some for 4 or 5 years, but when you do, you'll pick up again like you only saw them yesterday.

Some of the posting locations are alright as well :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Last edited:

AlienFB

SAC
I know that posting here is does not preclude me from mychosen trade - in fact my AFCO suggested this site.

Moving on, what would you say is the best thing about being in the RAF AlienFB?

Mate I would say the humour...

Seriously tho, I am maybe not the best person to ask right now as I am on the brink of putting in my PVR. I have just had enough and consider my twenty two year point a good time to start something new.

As for good things - the pay is not bad compared to some jobs out there, pensions are better than most. With the reduction in manpower most trades are feeling the pinch, can’t say much about Int (others will give you a better perspective). Cheap housing (cheap and cheerful) and a lot of travel opportunities (some good, some a little more intense).

Yes this site does have a lot of good stuff on it and is defo worth a look around.

ZebrasKneecaps

Corporal
We have a pretty good group on Facebook as well which is worth a look. - Linky

Has all kinds of stuff like a question and answer section, pics, video clips blaaah

Hope this helps KT :PDT_Xtremez_30:

K

Kilo Tango

I discovered the fb group a while ago as well and between that and the threads on here I have had all my questions answered, so cheers for putting that stuff out there.

Travel and camaraderie are two of the things that attract me most to the RAF. Also I don't mind a bit of sand which is probably a good thing!

C

Crabbity Ann

I think the money has got to be up there in the top 3, especially given the current climate. Depending on trade/band and rank I think the pay is quite good. It's steady and reliable at least....unless JPA c0cks it up, which it will at least once in your career! ::/:

Out of curiosity, are you hoping to go in as OR or officer?

K

Kilo Tango

Not going for the Pimms and Crimpoline club! Obviously I'll see what they say at the AFCO but I currently don't have a huge desire to do it at the moment to be honest. I think maybe after a few years in the job I'd consider going in from the ranks.

C

Crabbity Ann

Nice to hear, it seems to me that majority of people asking recruit Qs on here only decide to go for non-commissioned if they fail to get in as an officer. Fools, officers earn a boat load but I am yet to meet one who's job I'd want to do, inc Int. :PDT_Xtremez_35:

I am in the same job as Billy Boy (in a far less sunnier place) so feel free to PM if you want a female perspective on anything or any other Qs.

C

Crabbity Ann

We have a pretty good group on Facebook as well which is worth a look. - Linky

Has all kinds of stuff like a question and answer section, pics, video clips blaaah

Hope this helps KT :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Finally remembered to check it out when I went on facebook, they have that video with J simmons I was on about in the Spooks forum (before Fomz got all nippy about it). It does exist! Cheers Billy.

Back