• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PRINTING ON DVDs

• Thread starter Thread starter CC
  • Start date Start date
C

CC

Ladies & Gents,

I need to print a load of DVDs disk covers but want to buy a printer that prints direct to the DVD, rather than a sticky label. Having done a bit of research, I'm at a loss as to the best way to do this. There's ink jet printers, thermal printers, inkjet and thermal printers.

So, quick question. Do any of you do this sort of stuff and, if so, what's the best way to do it.

At the moment, I'm edging towards an inkjet and buying a load of the white printable DVDs.

Thanks in advance :PDT_Xtremez_14:

Realist78

Master of my destiny
I've had an Epson R300 for a while that prints superbly to printable DVDs, it has a function that you import the image that you want into the template and bobs your uncle, professional look et al. Non standard inks are cheaper than chips as well (and as good as original).:PDT_Xtremez_19:

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I've got an epson r265 which prints direct to DVDs. Comes with software supplied which enables you to either import DVD labels or make your own.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
What about a Lightscribe DVD writer as a solution. It writes an image to the top side of special disks, only problem is they are monochrome like gold or green.

verbatim-color-lightscribe.jpg

Last edited:
C

CC

Guys, thanks for the posts. I've thought about lightscribe but not keen as it's only monochrome.

So it looks like an Epson, I take it you can put your own photos on them, etc.

:PDT_Xtremez_14:

Back