• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prokarting in the RAF

Craig855s

Sergeant
Prokarting is an excellent way to get into kart racing and motorsport in general and the RAFMSA gives servicemen and women an affordable way into it. I have raced prokarts for my station for 3 years now and can't recomend it enough. If anyone would like an info on how to get into it don't hesitate to contact me, or the Karting Competition Secretary Chf. Tech. Duncan Masters MRM-FESGESFSWSTM@mod.uk

The first race of the 2012 season saw 25 teams descend on Fulbeck in Lincolnshire for a 2 hour race. Due to it being endurance racing teams of 2-4 people drive one kart for the duration (with races being a minimum of 2 hours)

Before the race there are a number of practice sessions for each of the drivers to get familiar with the track and perfect the setup, along with posting qualifying times for the race. At Fulbeck the morning and afternoon sessions were done on a wet track with the rain on and off, however the race was ran in the dry evening. The racing was close and the standard of driving impressively high (and there were plenty of first timers out there)

In the end it was Brize Boyz who came home first (for the service teams) followed by Cosford bombheads and RAF Stigby.

A couple of pictures from the day

fulbeck0316-1.jpg

fulbeck0319.jpg

We'd love to hear from some of you in the future

Some civilians drive in our championship and we are looking forward to welcoming KARTFORCE to the championship (A charity helping injured servicemen to take part in karting) at the next event in June.

http://www.kartforce.org/mainsite/index.php

Stations represented at the moment are
Brize Norton
Coningsby
Cosford
Digby
Kinloss
Marham
Waddington
Arborfield garrison (Army camp)
Army Karting (all army personell)

If you are at one of these stations I recomend you look into joining them, if not then you can look into starting your own club on camp, or driving for one of the other camps if that is possible