• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Promotion from SAC to CPL

Hi, I am just after the general opinion about how high up the numbers they will get this time. I ask as I am in the 190s and wondered how likely it is that they'll reach that high.

Thank you.

Friend of mine got the nod last week at the big grey transport base.

He was told they wanted 138 and he was 130.

Yeah, I thought it was 138ish they're pronoting but was I wondering if people thought they were likely to go over that and if so by how much. I realise people won't know for certain, just thoughts...

One of my lads is 110 on the board and I have it on good authority that 140 will be released by the end of April 15.

Ah....I just re-read the third post on your thread...........

I wouldn't go shooting your muck just yet Peppermint, this is the Avionics lads......sorry.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Does anyone have any idea about what number they're up to now, please?

Ring your Unit Career Adviser as they have access to the UCAP - they will tell you EXACTLY where they are up to on the Board - you won't have to worry about rumour and mis-information then. They are there to give you that sort of information/advice. Or get your Line Manager to do it on your behalf.

Alright Peppermint, yep I heard yesterday that the board had reached and stopped at 181. Sorry mate for the late reply.

I've been on manning and they still haven't put details regards what number they've reached etc so not sure if the 181 is the final closing position. It may be yet go up again. Cheers.

Last edited:
I take it your trade is massive, given the promotion numbers. Ours rarely gets above 30 for the SACs and it only gets lower as you go up the chain.

Back