• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

promotion on a tmes

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
The Z marker that downgraded people have, particularly the Z5 UK based marker isnt to excuse them from sh1tty OOA's. It is because they are undergoing treatment and need to stay UK based to take advantage of the wonderfully quick and efficient service the NHS provide.
I asked to have mine changed and the answer no was given for that reason.

E

effinhell

Surely it's down to what limitations you have - simply saying sorry sir i am downgraded is not good enough. I for one would check their TMES chit as to exactly what it says they can and cannot do and seek clarification if required.

Some people do go OOA whilst downgraded and whilst this may not be to the 'proper' places that people think at least they are in the 'system' and doing something towards turnround times.

If someone who is downgraded for a while gets promoted then it is not just on their performance during the period of downgrading is it?

The system is outdated and crap, as soon as medical issue is apparent no-one seems to want to question it. I personally think you should be offered promotion when you return to 'full' fitness though - bit of an incentive too.

IT IS NOT ALWAYS THE FAULT OF THE PERSON WHO IS DOWNGRADED!

Last edited:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Surely it's down to what limitations you have - simply saying sorry sir i am downgraded is not good enough. I for one would check their TMES chit as to exactly what it says they can and cannot do and seek clarification if required.

Some people do go OOA whilst downgraded and whilst this may not be to the 'proper' places that people think at least they are in the 'system' and doing something towards turnround times.

If someone who is downgraded for a while gets promoted then it is not just on their performance during the period of downgrading is it?

The system is outdated and crap, as soon as medical issue is apparent no-one seems to want to question it. I personally think you should be offered promotion when you return to 'full' fitness though - bit of an incentive too.[/I]

IT IS NOT ALWAYS THE FAULT OF THE PERSON WHO IS DOWNGRADED!

That wouldnt work. Once you are downgraded you are at the mercy of the NHS. It then doesnt matter on how insistent the person is about being fixed and upgraded, you have to wait for the system to get around to it.
We should be fast tracked through the NHS in my opinion, that only happens at the moment if you are pinged for OOA and then develop a problem. It sucks.

The Stig A.D.I.

Corporal
Congratulations!

Congratulations!

I've just read through the thread - interesting, however, aren't we all forgetting something?

CONGRATULATIONS MR MASHER!

See you in the Mess!

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
He he he!:pDT_Xtremez_15:
My crimplenes are on order!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Off TopicDon't forget to draw patterns down the side of your plain socks, get some fluffy chequered slippers and an old dressing gown that still smells of pi55 from the Oxfam shop. If you can't find any bits and pieces, I've got loads spare. Congratulations.

N

Nuts

Why are downgraded pers allowed to be promoted. I imagine a lot of them can't go OOA or indeed complete the full range of duties such as Guard, so why should they be promoted?

Case in point, Pers Admin Cpl at Cosford, exempt Guard, CCS Trg, OOA, duty outside base areas, has been temp downgraded for a substantial amount of time, yet has been promoted. Then has the cheek to refuse to waive her 90 days because it would inconvenience her.

How long can a temp downgrade last?

Yeah and she's ****!!!!