• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PSP and BT Home hub

pomp101

LAC
Has anybody else tried to set up a PSP to connect to the internet through a BT hub?

Ive got a BT fusion hub (older black and silver version of the regular white hub) and for the life of me i cant get the PSP to connect to the damn thing.

I know im using the correct SSID and WEP key, but it just wont connect :S i thought perhaps i might need to log into the router and adding the MAC address of the PSP, however my log on wont allow me to do this, only BT can do it and they say that they dont support PSP's?? surely as its a wireless bit of kit it should be just like adding any other bit of wireless kit like a laptop to the router?

After a bit of digging on the net i discovered that the PSP doesnt recognise 802.11g, which my router uses. It only recognises 802.11b

Ive got a newer white BT home hub sat in the garage, but TBH ive never been able to get that thing to work with the wifes laptop so we just chucked it in the garage and forgot about it, anybody got any ideas if that one may work, or if it onlyl uses 802.11g

Or am i gonna need to buy a new router? :PDT_Xtremez_21:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Has anybody else tried to set up a PSP to connect to the internet through a BT hub?

Ive got a BT fusion hub (older black and silver version of the regular white hub) and for the life of me i cant get the PSP to connect to the damn thing.

My mate has used his with BT wireless, so I know it's possible, can't tell you how though I'm sorry. However Ming Mong or Monobrow will probably be able to help you !

MingMong

Warrant Officer
My PSP works fine with my homehub (the white type) but I didn't have to do anything special to get it online, it was just a matter of selecting the network for it to log into and typing in the SSIP key and off it went.

Unfortunately i'm in the sandpit right now, so can't really look to deeply into my setup to help out.

M

monobrow

Random stab in the dark (and a bit of googling) but if one supports g, and the other b, theres usually a setting that allows both.

Heres an image I just dug out of the tinterweb, shows what I mean.

homehub04.jpg

Hope this helps

pomp101

LAC
nice one thanks :PDT_Xtremez_30: looks like ill be plugging the (newer, white) BT home hub in then, as this seems to be the one that supports b & g.

cheers :PDT_Xtremez_28:

Back