• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PWTS instrctors

• Thread starter Thread starter Disillusioned
  • Start date Start date
D

Disillusioned

Does anyone on the goat work at what used to be called PWTS? Or the place the rodney's go to become engo's that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. I need to gen up on turbo-fans. We didn't cover them that much intraining it was all turbo-jets but I'm hoping someone here, might work there and maybe they could help with some learning materials.

Cheers,
Dis

mightyhunter

Sergeant
Does anyone on the goat work at what used to be called PWTS? Or the place the rodney's go to become engo's that I can't for the life of me remember the name of. I need to gen up on turbo-fans. We didn't cover them that much intraining it was all turbo-jets but I'm hoping someone here, might work there and maybe they could help with some learning materials.

Cheers,
Dis
D, the PWTS that you knew is just a shell of a building now. They're completely refurbusing for training AMM Fitters. You could try and contact someone at MechTS (used to be AFTS). Depends how in-depth you need to go, there's plenty of info out on the www.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I think Engos went to Shrivenham didnt they?
Try the old rigger hangar at Cosford. Its now the mechanical hangar and its where the cross dressing occurs at the moment. Did my sooty cross dressing there.
Arent there a few here on the goat, sure I remember a post about writing the new FT course for AMM's (I still havent seen one yet!)

W

wilsonp83

Engos do some time at cosford now too. That relatively new building at the end of Fulton block, opposite end to the flower pot. Where the gucci stuff like wind tunnels are

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Arent there a few here on the goat, sure I remember a post about writing the new FT course for AMM's (I still havent seen one yet!)

Yes there some of us here on the goat.

The new FT course is up and running and the first lot have started this week.

Last edited:

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
D, the PWTS that you knew is just a shell of a building now. They're completely refurbusing for training AMM Fitters. You could try and contact someone at MechTS (used to be AFTS). Depends how in-depth you need to go, there's plenty of info out on the www.

You know they will never be proper fitters my good man.

Back