• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question about CPC

• Thread starter Thread starter Kerpow
  • Start date Start date
K

Kerpow

Hello

I have a quick question regarding qualifications and if the RAF recognises them. I have 5 GCSE's at C or above and a CPC in Road Haulage (which I have been told is equivalent to 2 A levels or a GNVQ) Im interested in looking at Wsop but was wondering if the CPC would enable me to go for anything higher ?I am 34 this year so realise time is running out

Thanks in advance

K

Kerpow

Many thanks Snowball, looking at the RAF careers website it says im too old for driver, are the age limits true or are they willing to "juggle" a ittle here and there on the trades ?

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Hello

I have a quick question regarding qualifications and if the RAF recognises them. I have 5 GCSE's at C or above and a CPC in Road Haulage (which I have been told is equivalent to 2 A levels or a GNVQ) Im interested in looking at Wsop but was wondering if the CPC would enable me to go for anything higher ?I am 34 this year so realise time is running out

Thanks in advance

What grade equivalent is the CPC at A Level? To be a WSOp you only need the 5 GCSE's at grade C or above, including English Language and Maths. With 2 A Levels you can apply to be an Officer, provided your A Levels are at Grade D and above. If the CPC is the equivalent of 2 x Grade D A Levels, then you can apply for that. Liaise with your local AFCO who should contact I of R at Cranwell to get an answer as to whether or not it is a relevant qualification.

K

Kerpow

Thanks Warwick

Rang Cranwell myself today and they have asked me to fax over a copy of the certificate as its not something they have heard of. So we shall see....thanks agin both for your help. Appreciated.

Back