• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question about W/Tech

• Thread starter Thread starter Shirt_Lifter
  • Start date Start date
S

Shirt_Lifter

I' am currently 1 year into my A levels and recently registered my interest as a Weapon Technician via the recruitment hotline. I have a few questions for you guys.

1. In your view would having A Levels give me an edge over someone who has just GCSE's in the application process?

2. How long would it take from applying when the trade opens, to hopefully passing all the tests and knowing you have a place in the RAF.

3. Any idea when W/Tech will open? :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Thanks.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
I' am currently 1 year into my A levels and recently registered my interest as a Weapon Technician via the recruitment hotline. I have a few questions for you guys.

1. In your view would having A Levels give me an edge over someone who has just GCSE's in the application process? No, having A Levels is NOT going to help you in the application process. The AST is a test of aptitude and inate ability and NOT a test of education. You may be able to count the pickles in the jar and it's volume, but if you show you can't get the lid off, you won't be any use to us. Even on the commissioned side of the fence, we have guys who have basic GCSE/A Level grades who knock spots of the people with BA's/MA's etc. So, no it is not necessarily going to give you an edge.

2. How long would it take from applying when the trade opens, to hopefully passing all the tests and knowing you have a place in the RAF. That is a bit of a 'how long's a piece of string question' to be honest. There are so many factors that can influence the length of time it takes - some factors will be due to the RAF, some will be due to you. Providing the trade you are after is open and everything is good to go, you can reasonably expect 5-6 months, though it can take longer or shorter.

3. Any idea when W/Tech will open? :PDT_Xtremez_30: It is likely it won't be until at least the autumn, maybe even longer. Register your interest with the RAF recruiting hotline (number can be found on the website). You will be emailed the link to the application process once there are vacancies. Complete the application form and the process will start.

Thanks.

See my answers in red, dude.

Back