• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quick question about time in posts

• Thread starter Thread starter corsair
  • Start date Start date
C

corsair

Anyone hear know the PMA ruling about time in post for SNCO's, I was led to believe it was 18 months, apart from the old "service needs". The thing is I am in a crappy post for personal reasons, I am more than willing to do the 18 months, but not so willing to do much more, so what reasons could PMA use to keep me there for a longer spell, bearing in mind I was posted there against my preferences, surely they can post anyone to anywhere? Any admin tips would be appreciated.

M

MyShineyAr$e

Recommended minimum tour of 3 years. This can be reduced but only on agreement by CM and must be justifiable.

My hubby (also SNCO) has been in a crappy post for the last 9.5 years (same section, 2 different ranks and 2 different locations) and all he keeps being told is "Sorry - there's no movement and nothing for you". I'm hoping Zeus means that some of the better postings come free for those who have paid their penance in the crappy ones!

C

corsair

True indeed, I am hoping zeus will expose the people who have been lucky enough to remain (somehow) in their area of choice for 10-15 years. I wouldnt mind having sh1te postings every now and then if I knew there was a good chance of getting what I wanted afterwards.

Its not even that we particularly hate where we are, but how can his career progress when he's been doing the same job for so long. Or maybe its another way the RAF are trying to p*** people off so much that they leave without a redundancy payment?

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
My hubby (also SNCO) has been in a crappy post for the last 9.5 years (same section, 2 different ranks and 2 different locations) and all he keeps being told is "Sorry - there's no movement and nothing for you". I'm hoping Zeus means that some of the better postings come free for those who have paid their penance in the crappy ones!

Its not even that we particularly hate where we are, but how can his career progress when he's been doing the same job for so long. Or maybe its another way the RAF are trying to p*** people off so much that they leave without a redundancy payment?

Sounds like his career has progressed fine!!

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
I know someone who has just hit the 18 month point in a post he didn't want. He is about to get posted elsewhere.

Judging by his case you need to do at least 18 months....

gray

Sergeant
I'll be heading towards my 18 month point in July - I'll be emailing my Desk soon to get out of here !!
Fancy a swap up North !
:PDT_Xtremez_26:
Gray

M

MyShineyAr$e

I know someone who has just hit the 18 month point in a post he didn't want. He is about to get posted elsewhere.

Judging by his case you need to do at least 18 months....

If he is about to move then he was assigned before Zeus.

I'll be heading towards my 18 month point in July - I'll be emailing my Desk soon to get out of here !!
Fancy a swap up North !
:PDT_Xtremez_26:
Gray

Considering Zeus is about career management, how would you justify to your desk that you should move after 18 months?

Realist78

Master of my destiny
True indeed, I am hoping zeus will expose the people who have been lucky enough to remain (somehow) in their area of choice for 10-15 years. I wouldnt mind having sh1te postings every now and then if I knew there was a good chance of getting what I wanted afterwards.

Minimum disturbance plus 'No Move' on JPA, RAF policies that have allowed people to stay in the same location for 10 years +. People will possibly be able to do the same under ZEUS, on another thread folks have said that moves to different sections on the same base will be possible so nothing changes really. It is also probably trade dependant.

Back