• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

quick question on time scales

G

gtee87

Hi all

at the very first stage of joining , sent the online application form in a week ago , got an email from afco office telling me I had 28 days to call in to book my place at a selection test , but Im worried about my fitness levels .

Question is when I phone the afco to book my place how long roughly does it take to get a place on the selection test , are we talking days or weeks ?

Thanks for all who reply

Therapist

LAC
Can be days or weeks, depends how in demand the trade you are applying for is. One lad on my P-RTC did the whole process in about 3 weeks. It took me around 3 months.
Best advice is to get working on your fitness like it is only a week away! That way any longer you get will be a bonus. Don't do yourself an injury though.

Hope this helps.

G

gtee87

Thanks mate , just done day 1 of the fitness widget on raf site , done 1.5 miles cross country against high winds in just under 16 mins , done 18 press ups in 1 min and 24 sit-ups in 1 min.

Not enough to pass the test I know but I was pretty pleased as I do absolutely no exercise.

I know everybody is different but how long do you think with training I could reach the level of the test requirements ?

Im going to double post this on the fitness forum as well just wanted to say thanks for replying as well.

Gary.

Therapist

LAC
The press-ups and sit ups would pass the entry test and probably the prtc fitness tests but not to full RAF fit tests.

The running wouldn't but you will do your test on a treadmill that are easier to run on that road, grass etc. I'm not a fitness expert or fan but if you can get on a treadmill, if you don't have access to a gym find a mate that has and most gyms will do a few free passes for friends in the hope of getting your membership.

Then run on the treadmill. If you keep it above 13.1 then you will do the distance in 11.11. If not you will get a benchmark and find out how much more you have to do.

All the above assumes you're 17- 26 and Male. Its different for girls and old folk.

But like I say, I'm not qualified in anyway to give advice. Just my take on things.