• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

QuickBasic to Vis Basic ?

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Is it possible to port a programme written in Quick Basic to Visual Basic, without too much sweat, and make it work ?

M

monobrow

Acording to this guy, no...

I was a QuickBasic 4.5 programmer back in the late 1980s, and then moved to VB 1.0 in January of 1991. I have since built a career using every version of VB up through 6.0 Professional. I'm afraid, you will have to rewrite your QB code. There are going to be so many keywords of QB that are not supported, nor will there be any equivalent, you may as well start from scratch. I would suggest learning all you can about OOP and then taking your old QB code and converting it one module at a time. There is no easy way around it.
From the last post of http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vbgeneral/thread/5dca0f43-0819-4d5e-8498-f4fd313e1ef7

Acording to this guy, it won't be a problem

Years ago I converted Boris for Blackjack Version 2.94 to Visual Basic. As I recall, I just made a project under Visual basic and one by one brought in the .Bas files.
I don't recall that it was any major undertaking.

Also did you want to go to VB.NET or just VB?

Back