• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF application waiting times

• Thread starter Thread starter Emarbe2433
  • Start date Start date
E

Emarbe2433

I know you might know!

What is the waiting time for the RAF?

I looked into the Navy and there waiting time for Aircraft Handler is 18 months.

Anyway I havn't been on here In ages. :PDT_Xtremez_42:

K

Krusty_Crab

Every trade is different. Some trades are closed because they are fully recruited and won't open again until after the summer. Some trades are very short of people and you'll get in as soon as all the application processes are complete, even then it will take at least 3 months from initial enquiry.

Y

Yidmister

For your information. Even people who are applying for priority trades are not being allocated place at basic training until December 2009. So if you are looking to apply for a trade that in not on the "wanted list" then you will more than likely be allocated a training place after March 2010.

Brackens

SAC
Not 100% correct, I applied for a pinch point trade (aircraft technician avionics) and went from submitting my application on the 6th March to getting my dates last week and i start at Halton on the 28th of October this year

Y

Yidmister

It is correct. You applied in march but I am saying if some wished to apply now they would not get a training place before December.

Brackens

SAC
Ok, i just figured you wouldn't know when people who are applying now are getting dates as they wont have got through the application process yet so therefor wont have dates....

maybe i am missing the point.

Y

Yidmister

I'm saying people who apply now and pass everything can expect to be on a course at Halton no earlier than Dec 09 because all the training placed have been filled up until then. That all. Dont think you missed anything.

T

tridgway

What happens if you applied last year in august and you only just passed your PJFT (it took a while due to medical issues) a few weeks ago. I was told by the afco I will need to wait because the trade is now closed. Does this mean I will have to wait till 2010?

Any help on this would be great because I cant seem to find an answer.
Thanks.

Y

Yidmister

You might have to depending on the trade you are applying for. Your AFCO will be able to tell you when you'll be joining on completion of your fitness test.

T

tridgway

Ive completed my fitness test and they told me they dont know how long before I get my start date. Im going in as a S E Fitter.

Y

yorky-Kiwi

i've finshed the application process (june 11th) for lazyonics, and they dont have a clue when i will start, the afco reckons the air force is pretty full at the moment!

Back