• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Firefighter

LSOB

LAC
Guys

My second post should be about myself but i'm always thinking of others first.

My friend and I both left the Police (at different times). He served 8 years and is glad to see the back of it. He is considering RAF Firefighter and has been down to the AFCO who weren't able to give any more information than on the RAF Careers website.

He is 32 married with a child.

What information could you give him that would help him make his mind up? E.g. Rate of tours, promotion prospects (he will be taking a big pay cut initially), what is the job REALLY like?, will he be an old arse (i'm guessing he will be), etc etc.

Thanks

LSOB

LAC
Thanks Zil.

He got a letter yesterday from the RAF to say they are not recruiting firefighters despite having applied. It seems strange to me as it is listed as a priority role on the Careers website but hey, who am I to argue!

He's gutted now!

Zil

LAC
Just rang up to start my app, as far as the bloke said they're still actively recruiting and hasn't seen anything different that he knows of.
Best bet is for him to ring up the AFCO and challenge this.

LSOB

LAC
Zil

My mate called the Careers line. Apparently he'd made a mistake on the application form and that is why the letter was sent out. They are recruiting fire fighters. Don't know why they said they weren't recruiting fire fighters though!

He's trying to get me on board, but Fire Fighter isn't for me!

Back