• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Fitness Instructor?

C

craig91

Hello,

Im writing this on behalf of a friend who has interest in joining the RAF as a Fitness Instructor. Is there anyone here who is or has been a fitness instructor for the RAF that can answer a few questions relating to that career? The questions are as followed:

1) Is there a waiting list? If so how long is it usually? (Though I think this question is best asked at the AFCO)

2) Do you get deployed compulsory to places such as Afghanistan or is it optional. The reason I ask this is because on the RAF career site it states that "Operational deployments are open to you" which in my opinion sounds like its your choice as a person.

3) Where do you train? Is it Halton or again wherever your needed?

4) (Not really related to the career choice) My friend wishes to learn to drive but as a Fitness Instructor it dosnt state that you will be taught to drive so he automatically assumes he wont, however will the RAF teach him to drive if he pays for it from his wages?

I belive thats all for now :) If theres anything else he needs to know about this then all information is grateful.

Thank you,

Drill Bit

Sergeant
Regarding the role of an RAF Physical Training Instructor (PTI) you'd be best pointing your friend to the following web page on the RAF Careers web site:

http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/jobs/phystraininginstructor.cfm?tab=thefacts

Your friend should then register his/her interest at their nearest careers office or via 0845 605 5555 or via the Application Zone; the careers office will be in a better position to answer your questions with regards to waiting times for RAF PTI.

One thing is for sure, if your friend is successful in his/her application should the time come when they are selected to go out of area (Afghan for example), unless they have an exceptional reason, they will be going regardless of whether or not they want to.

PTI basic training is at RAF Halton and their phase 2 training is at RAF/DCAE Cosford if I recall correctly. Again this info is on the RAF Careers web site.

Unless their role as a PTI requires them to drive then your friend will be expected to pay for their own private driving lessons.

As an aisde, you're not going to be able to apply and undertake the selection process on behalf of your friend :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Last edited: