• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Intelligence Officer

• Thread starter Thread starter stylesm3
  • Start date Start date
S

stylesm3

Hi All,

I'm thinking about joining the RAF and it would be great to have some information of people who really know what they're talking about.

I have been looking into the position of Intelligence Officer.

Can anyone give me any information on the role and potential work scenarios?

Also, are you often posted away in foreign countries, and if so, would this be on a Military base with facilities or something else? Reason I ask if because I love going to the gym 5 times a week etc, and keeping fit and was a little concerned I might have to stop this for long periods.

Thank You

C

Crabbity Ann

You would have to deploy though I'm not sure how often for officers but in my experience there's normally apportunities to do phys when on det. Depends how determined you are I guess. I've worked with guys on det that would go for a run after working an 18 hour day and still only have a couple of hours kip before getting up to do it all again (I went to bed like a normal person :PDT_Xtremez_31:).

I think most dets have some sort of gym facilities even if its just a portacabin with some knackered old weights in. If you go somewhere where there are yanks you will probably be pleasantly surprised at the gym facs

Last edited:
Back