• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Medic

Hello all.

I am also interested in becoming an RAF Medic and I have read up on it and have an idea of what kind of tasks you will undertake. However I was hoping members on here could tell me some of their experiences as an RAF Medic.

Also I know its possible to take training to become a state registered paramedic after a certain amount of experience. However I was wondering just how much experience do you need and how long on average would it take before you were offered this kind of opportunity. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Tango

LAC
Not sure how much help i'll be, but i'll hazard a guess at a couple of years. After all it is now a course taught at Universities in civvyland. But hey, i'm not a medic so i'm probably wrong about that.

Thanks Tango, I think you might be right from what I have been reading up on in the meant time but I appreciate you help :) Thanks

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello all.

I am also interested in becoming an RAF Medic and I have read up on it and have an idea of what kind of tasks you will undertake. However I was hoping members on here could tell me some of their experiences as an RAF Medic.

Also I know its possible to take training to become a state registered paramedic after a certain amount of experience. However I was wondering just how much experience do you need and how long on average would it take before you were offered this kind of opportunity. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Having worked with RAF Medics for 22 yrs I can tell you the trade has changed quite a lot and now their clinical role has been reduced due to manning levels and commitment to Ops. Still get to do a bit on DARTS (Deployable Aeromedical Response Teams) at Tactical Medical wing (TMW) based at Brize. But most Med centres have medics doing Med Admin, med stores etc. Most of the guys selected for paramedic training are usually JNCO level and you will be expected to do a MERT tour and to stay current.