• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Placement Plan

• Thread starter Thread starter STEALTHVIFFER
  • Start date Start date
S

STEALTHVIFFER

Question to the knowledgeable goaters - after looking at the latest PMA Bulletin, I decided to look for the RAF Placement Plan on the intranet. Where the ---- is it ? Used to be able to see if the 'official line' on if trades were over/under manned - that's gone now..................I SMELL A COVER UP!!!

C

Captain Gatso

To be honest, does it really surprise you, or anyone for that matter that it's missing from the PMA/ ACOS bullitin. Things are not rosy for the RAF in terms of manpower, and they know it, though it has taken them a long time to sit up and smell the coffee so to speak. They thought it was just people taking redundancy that would cause a small temporary reduction in manning levels. They failed to think about all the people that PVR'd or who are not bothering to sign on. That was the main problem they should have been thinking about from day one. There are plenty of other threads on this site which go with this subject, have a look. It does make good reading and shows what a big problem ACOS manning have made for themselves.:PDT_Xtremez_35:

davie77

LAC
Well I have been wondering about this for a long time.

The Placement plan has been in some Bulletins but not all.

Its a load of old babble anyways. What we want is clear cut figures.

I think the last time they released any figures for Trade group one and
two Eng Tech AV were 123% manned (+256 Bods)
And leckies were similarly rosie. Sooties/riggers and Weapons were about average for their trade.

Basically with the arrival of EFA. The Number of people coming Time X or PVR'ing and of course Multi-skilling. No one actually knows what the figures for trade group one or two are. If you read beween the lines on the Placement plan, they are basically saying they cant distinguish between
Multiskilled and Non Multiskilled personel. This is Bull.

They are afraid to release the figures of what trade groups one and two are currently sitting at, and what their projected figures will be in one years time.

I have had this explained to me by the PMA drafters and one very high ranking officer.

If anyone has the presence of mind (NOt me I have PVR'd ), then I suggest making some serious inquiries through the Freedom Of Information Act.

Back