• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Regiment Gunner

• Thread starter Thread starter fatbaztod
  • Start date Start date
F

fatbaztod

Hi,

I'm thinking of joining the RAF Regiment as a gunner, I am relatively fit I can run 10km in about 50 minutes depending on route and 5 km about 3 miles in 21 minutes I can bang out 25 pressups in a minute and 30 sit ups in the same time. I have tried doing the mile and half run but everytime I do something hinders me such as traffic and other pedestrians!

I know of the minimum standards which are the mile half run in 10:30 20 pressups and 30 sit ups. What I would like clarifying is if I better these on the PGSC will that mean the fitness side of it is boxed off and then worry about the interview and medical or are there other things that I need to do? I only ask this from reading the pamphlet about the gunner and it says about climbing a 9 ft wall unaided.

wench02

SAC
Are you sure it's 30 sit ups?

Of course I could be barking up the wrong tree, girly fitness test I did in oct was 32 for a pass!

F

fatbaztod

my bag missed typed it, it says 35 on the careers website!

What did you score wench on the other things wench? And was there anything else apart from the details on the website was there anything else?

Merrick

LAC
Isn't the fitness test for Gunner different? Girls aren't allowed to play, so I've never really paid much attention, but I think I heard somewhere that the Gunner fitness tests were much tougher.

Check with your AFCO, they'll give you the up to date standards for Gunners.

J

joydivision

Hey there, Ive done my PJFT and this is like you say 10:30 for 2.4k and 20 pressups, 35 situps. This is just pass or fail. However I hear from a few regiment blokes that PGSC is best effort and even if you did the bare minimum to pass, it wont automatically qualify you for the TG course. Best of luck though mate.

KingGuin

Sergeant
Hey there, Ive done my PJFT and this is like you say 10:30 for 2.4k and 20 pressups, 35 situps. This is just pass or fail. However I hear from a few regiment blokes that PGSC is best effort and even if you did the bare minimum to pass, it wont automatically qualify you for the TG course. Best of luck though mate.

The last PGSC started with 41 ended with 8. Good luck.

J

joydivision

If those 8 can do it, Fatbaztod and I can too haha. :PDT_Xtremez_07:

Liggy

LAC
Practiced the other day, 1.54 mile in 9.46... 49 press-ups in one minute and 73 sit-ups in one minute... Roll on the 16th August at Belfast! Train hard...

KingGuin

Sergeant
Practiced the other day, 1.54 mile in 9.46... 49 press-ups in one minute and 73 sit-ups in one minute... Roll on the 16th August at Belfast! Train hard...

Liggy, my son has just been accepted; his PGAC did not run the 1.5 miles. The MSFT (Bleep Test) pass is 9.10, 10.5 is considered good. Keep running til you drop. Next intake is 15 Oct. Good luck.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Liggy, my son has just been accepted; his PGAC did not run the 1.5 miles. The MSFT (Bleep Test) pass is 9.10, 10.5 is considered good. Keep running til you drop. Next intake is 15 Oct. Good luck.

Off TopicNot gonna get much stick with a name like Liggy Guin is he? :PDT_Xtremez_15:

Liggy

LAC
Off TopicNot gonna get much stick with a name like Liggy Guin is he? :PDT_Xtremez_15:

That's a nickname which will be kept on the down-low lol. I'm expecting something like Paddy since i'm from Northern Ireland.. Will be interesting.

Back