• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Regiment Officer

bubb2709

LAC
Greetings all,

I am looking for advice and opinions please.

I have recently applied to become an RAF Regiment Officer.

My background is that I served with RM for 7 years as a commando, I left and then became a civilian Police Officer, and I am still in this role now as a response officer which I have been doing for 5 years.

I have for a whilst being missing military life and looked at my options of returning to HM Forces. Since leaving RM I have improved my education and now have enough UCAS points to join as an officer.

What is everyone's opinion of life as a regiment officer and also life as a RAF Officer in general?

bubb2709

LAC
As in university and college admissions points, ie to become an officer in the armed forces, you need 180 points.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
As in university and college admissions points, ie to become an officer in the armed forces, you need 180 points.

To become an officer in the RAF you need 2 'A' Levels, although this requirement can be waived if you have a degree. I see lots of people with BTEC this, NVQ that which their schools and colleges have told them is equivalent to 2 'A' Levels but we don't normally accept them.

bubb2709

LAC
exactly, A levels are worth so many ucas points and obviously degrees are worth more! not worried about having the correct qualifications to join I just want to know people's opinion on the regiment and life as about officer!