• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Reserves a possibility?

Terrorfex

LAC
Evenin' gents. As always and usual all help is appreciated. ;)

I'm two years into a BSc in Aero Engineering, with the intention of applying for Graduate entry as an Engineering Officer with the Air Force once I'm done throwing my silly square hat up and into the air. Obviously competition is considerable, and I'm looking for something to buff up the old CV (which is rather short on practical, hands-on experience).

Joining a University Air Squadron is out of the question, as my current University in Perth doesn't have one and isn't included in a neighbouring one. At twenty four, I'm feeling the clock ticking a little and came across the RAF Reserves - specifically Air Operations Assistant.

Until I've graduated, I don't really have anything to offer so does anyone have an opinion, both good or bad, of attempting to sign up to the Reserves in an enlisted role like AOA, above? I'm thinking of a way to prove my commitment, get some experience and generally get a taste for life in the military all while finishing off my degree.

I did briefly consider the Territorial Army, but obviously I'd prefer to be closer to the Flyboys than that, if possible.

Any help, pointers or sage words of wisdom would be very much appreciated.

Back