• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

raf trade closed

• Thread starter Thread starter stevemartin1991
  • Start date Start date
S

stevemartin1991

hi i have recently passed my ast. im goin for the trade aircraft technician(avionics) and surprise surprise its closed. basically im unemployed at the moment and my own personal savings are running out quickly:(.i have been offered a job as a railway technician apprenticeship but need to give an answer asap and to be honest working with railway tracks isnt something i would fancy doing for the rest of my life.. so what should i do?

1)take the apprenticeship,get money and leave when the trade opens
2)wait and hope my money strings out until the trade opens.

basically all i am trying to figure out is when roughly will the trade reopen?
my mate whos in the same trade reckons it will be next year(2010) that the trades will reopen, what would you recommend?

thanks in advance steve:PDT_Xtremez_14:

M

Military_Muscle

If your sights are set on this trade and it doesn't open again until 2010 then why not?

You say you need some cash, it will keep you busy until the trade opens again, if the job is available for you to take, go for it!

Plus you may learn a few things that will help with your engineering career when in the RAF.

Better than sitting around waiting IMO.

:PDT_Xtremez_26:

Back