• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ray Gravell - Llanelli, Wales and Lions

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Hell of a guy and one hell of a player. A few more like Ray and England would have some serious catching up to do !

I like this first comment:

Chuck Berry said:
A true Welsh man, a player at a time when the highest reward was the Jersey.

docbombhead

Sergeant
One of the best of his time, and his interview techniques on S4C's Y Clwb Rygbi
were great. Met him a few times at rugby matches(mainly in the bar after games) one of the most down to earth blokes you could ever wish to meet RIP Grav.

wolfy

Warrant Officer
I heard Phil Bennet on the radio yesterday talking about the great man, especially when he was playing for Wales. Apparantly he would go to one of the traps before the game for about half an hour and sing to himself then come out and look at himself in the mirror in his Welsh jersey. He would then brush the feathers of the Welsh badge with pride. He was then ready to play. A lesson about pride in playing for your country I think.

R.I.P

B

BuckyOHare

A great loss to the WRU. Having met him a couple of times, I can safely say he was a true gentleman.

RIP

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Ray was indeed a great man and a true ambassador, Stradey Park will be a emotional place tonight.....:pDT_Xtremez_38:

Last edited:
Ray Gravell

Ray Gravell

I will be at Stradey tonight. It will be quite an emotional night. RIP Gravs, a true gentleman.

Last edited: