• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Re-enlisting

• Thread starter Thread starter Ally_Tol3
  • Start date Start date
A

Ally_Tol3

Hi,

I Daor'ed the Army during phase 2 in 2008. Since then life has been poor and not happy, i thought maybe if i left i would be able to achive a career in the Police however it is not easy and i am missing military life. I would love to get back into the services and RAF police has really attracted me but would i be able to have the chance to go for this. Would i be re-enlisting as i left the army or would i be able to start a fresh? I have not got a bad military record tbh i have an excellent one. I regret leaving however maybe it was the best if i am able to join the raf police because i would have the best of both, police and military life. So would i be able to join RAF Police or would it be well u quit so we dont want u! :PDT_Xtremez_09:

Cheers Ally

Last edited:

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
Mate,

In the current climate you're not the only one to have left only to find out that the grass isn't greener on civvy street, and you're not the only one to consider coming back in.

A recruiter will be able to give you the ins and outs, I'm sure one will be along in a moment.

I'm pretty sure that having left so recently your previous time served will count towards reckonable service for seniority/pension etc. Plus your experiences will stand you in good stead on Phase 1, don't be surprised if you're made a room leader or senior man during training as you'll be expected to help the young 'uns get a grip.

Are RAFP recruiting right now? Another query for a recruiter, although I get the impression that there's not an awful lot on offer til the spring.

Bear in mind that RAFP is a very different kettle of fish from the civvy Bill, but I can't fault your logic in looking into it.

Get yourself down to the AFCO my friend ...

A

Ally_Tol3

Well i need to get fit even before i apply for anything, i am not as fit as i was so i am on my way back up to the fitness i want to be at and what i need to be. Ok, well i hope someone who has been in recruting or is in recruting can answer my questions.

J

jlong951

Hi Mate,

I can safely say RAF Police aren't recruiting now, and the projected date of the trade re-opening again is sometime in october! Im not a recruiter, but this is what I was told today whilst on the phone to the AFCO.

He did say that october may change to later or possibly abit earlier. If you go onto the RAF careers website it also says the RAF police is over-suscribed at the moment aswell (im sure you've already seen that!).

I was also told that no trades are open at the moment, but some will open before others (however they wont neccesarily stay open for long though).

Hope this helps,
Jamie.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Hi,

I Daor'ed the Army during phase 2 in 2008. Since then life has been poor and not happy, i thought maybe if i left i would be able to achive a career in the Police however it is not easy and i am missing military life. I would love to get back into the services and RAF police has really attracted me but would i be able to have the chance to go for this. Would i be re-enlisting as i left the army or would i be able to start a fresh? I have not got a bad military record tbh i have an excellent one. I regret leaving however maybe it was the best if i am able to join the raf police because i would have the best of both, police and military life. So would i be able to join RAF Police or would it be well u quit so we dont want u! :PDT_Xtremez_09:

Cheers Ally

You would be re-enlisting into the RAF as opposed to inter-service transfer (which I think is what you mean - correct me if I'm wrong?) so any previous service would be taken into account for pension, etc purposes. It will mean as well that you will go through the full basic coourse at RTS, but I'm sure that will not be too much of a drama for you!

There's no reason why you would not have a chance to go for this. Just because you left the Army doesn't mean that we won't look at you, provided you tick all of the boxes throughout the recruiting process, unless you left the Army under a cloud of course! However, please note that RAFP is not open until Oct 10 and an AFCO will not process an application beyond initial interest. If you can hang on until then (I know it's not ideal, but we have been a victim of our own success as far as recruiting is concerned) then by all means take a mosey down to the AFCO and take things from there.

Good luck in your decision.

A

Ally_Tol3

Oct 2010 to be honest is about right, gives me10 months to get fit as i was when i left. I def never left under a cloud i can assure you. I thnk i got my heart set on getting back in the forces and the RAFP. The next year should be fun.

Rumours was that RAF basic isnt as hard as the Army basic is. Not saying its going to be doddle far from it i expect but i know i have done it one and i can do it again but ill be a bit more mature, more disciplined and happier knowing this is def what i want to do.

HotspurIDO

I'm not fecking BRANCH!
Another bonus with your previous service should mean that upon successful completion of Phase 1 training you will pass out as an LAC (Leading Aircraftsman) so a few extra pence in your pay packet early doors, which is always nice.

Back