• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Re-joining the RAF

• Thread starter Thread starter irdan
  • Start date Start date
I

irdan

Hi guys,

Have scanned the forums alot and couldn't find too much recent information. Left start of year after 7years service and am regretting it big time now so looking to rejoin. Was a Supplier before and am considering either rejoining as above or training as a Fireman.

Anyone who can help with these q's much appreciated:

1. Whats recruitment levels like at the moment?
2. Will I re-enter on the same pay level?
3. What training will I need to do/re-do?
4. Am I more likely to get in being ex RAF?

Last question a bit random but unsure how the RAF are on ex re-joining or would they prefer a new recruit?

Thanks guys!!

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
In answer to your questions:

1. Recruitment levels are minimal at the moment. Until after SDSR it will be difficult to guage what is needed and when. FFtr is shut for the medium to long term at the moment.

2. That will be determined by HQ Air

3. If you re-enlist within a certain amount of time (2 years springs to mind), you will do a Kit and Post at RTS before moving onto your Phase 2 unit.

4. Being a re-entrant offers you no greater advantage over direct entrant personnel, as you will still go through the same recruiting process as everyone else. If there are better candidates than you, you'll dip out. Simple as.

5. See answer to Q4.

Back