• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recruiter advice please

• Thread starter Thread starter supporttheforces
  • Start date Start date
S

supporttheforces

My son is applying for RAF Reg officer and is awaiting the next stage of recruitment after the initial interview at his local AFCO, which was approx two months ago. If any recruiter is able to advise about time-scale, a rough idea would be welcome, I'd appreciate it.

Best.

R

Reformed Scribbly

Has he contacted the office?

Depending on the timescales he may be on the books of the CIL and so will hear from them in due course.

If he's not registered with the CIL and he's been waiting for 2 months, he really needs to call his AFCO.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
He should be on the books by now

He should be on the books by now

Your son should be going through the system by now, I'd get him to chase up either the Careers Information Line, the number on the card your son should have been issued, or failing that the AFCO, but I'd contact the 0845 people first.

Unless he's not telling you the truth that is.

L

laura

Has he had the filter interview or just the P2 presentation at the AFCO?

I had my filter interview a month ago and am still waiting to hear back from OASC. I called the AFCO last week to ask if they have an idea how long it usually takes to hear back and they said that it can vary but if i've not heard by the end of this week then to give them a call back on Monday. If he is at the same stage as me I recommend he does the same thing and contacts the AFCO for an update as they may be able to find out whats happening with his application. :PDT_Xtremez_19:

Last edited:
S

supporttheforces

re responses

re responses

Thank you to each for taking the trouble to respond, I knew egoat would know, better than consulting the man upstairs. Unless he's reading this, of course.

K

Kim

My son is applying for RAF........... and is awaiting the next stage of recruitment after the initial interview at his local AFCO, which was approx two months ago. If any recruiter is able to advise about time-scale, a rough idea would be welcome, I'd appreciate it.

I wouldn't bother. I really wouldn't. Go instead for the Army or Royal Marines or the Navy.

The time scales for the RAF is absolutely horrendous. They keep you waiting and waiting. Then, when you have a date either verbal and/or in writing, it is changed to another date on the calender.

Bearing in mind the changes to the proposed start of Recruit Training the person must be aware that any successful pass in either Pre JFT or Medical or Initial Interview etc, etc, will have to be taken again if it falls outside any period that the RAF state is the qualifying period eg, if Initial Interview lasts for one year or 6 months then that will have to be taken again. Which is a waste of time money and resources.

Kim, the application routes for P2, (officers, aircrew & SNCO ATC), and P3, (Airmen/Airwomen) are totally different. Judging by your other posts, you are currently a candidate who is upset at having your Halton allocation dates changed, and as such I can appreciate your frustration. However, starting your fledgling career by advising other candidates to apply to our sister services isn't really a good way to start. If you are really that disgruntled with the way your application has been progressed thus far, you can PM me with your URN and I am sure I can liaise with the AFCO you are being processed through and they can deal with your concerns accordingly.
BTW, the Navy currently have waiting lists ranging from 12-36 months depending on the trade you are applying for, have a nice day.

"It's better to have rigged and lost, than never to have rigged at all."

C

cokehead27

Billy W i think you should read through the threads as KIM has merely cut and pasted the original message from the mother and Hai Ryar Serig Ger is simply responding to KIMs comments on the original thread

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
My son is applying for RAF Reg officer and is awaiting the next stage of recruitment after the initial interview at his local AFCO, which was approx two months ago. If any recruiter is able to advise about time-scale, a rough idea would be welcome, I'd appreciate it.

Best.

Billy W i think you should read through the threads as KIM has merely cut and pasted the original message from the mother and Hai Ryar Serig Ger is simply responding to KIMs comments on the original thread

Gotcha - confusing when no quotes used!

Billy, I am commenting on the advice given by Kim to the potential Regiment Officers mother. If you would have read the posts you should have picked up on this, sorry for any inconvienience caused but I stand by my comments to Kim. The earlier advice given to the mother by other Goaters was sound IMHO, if in doubt, contact AFCO.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Billy, I am commenting on the advice given by Kim to the potential Regiment Officers mother. If you would have read the posts you should have picked up on this, sorry for any inconvienience caused but I stand by my comments to Kim. The earlier advice given to the mother by other Goaters was sound IMHO, if in doubt, contact AFCO.

Hai Ryar Serig Ger - my mistake - apologies!

Back