• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recruitment for AMMs

• Thread starter Thread starter sooty123
  • Start date Start date
S

sooty123

I'm asking on behalf of a friend who's interested in joining as an AMM, he went to the afco but it seemed they gave little info. Does anyone if amms are still being trained/recruited and if so when will the window open up? Thanks.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Did 'your friend'..... actually speak to the AFCO or did 'your friend' ask another 'friend' to do it?

Only the AFCO's have that sort of information, so mybe 'your friend' should go back and ask them again.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
errr no he asked himself, why all the inverted commas?

To insinuate that you are referring to yourself in the third person maybe?

They may seem daunting at first but your average AFCO is an absolute goldmine of info. Ring up and get an appointment rather than spending 5 mins looking at the brochures in the reception area.

S

sooty123

No it really is for someone who is interested in joining, I'm a sooty on tonka sqn at marham. I said I'd find out some info to try and help him out.

R

Reformed Scribbly

Then the best thing to do will be to bring him along for a Sqn visit, to get an idea what AMMs do on the unit.

AMM may not be available at the moment, but if he is interested he will need to speak to the AFCO to register with the Careers Information Line. Once the trade is available, they will contact him to start the process.

S

sooty123

Cheers for that, I'll tell him to get registered with the information line.

Last edited:
Back