• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Red Arrows

• Thread starter Thread starter Mountainclimber
  • Start date Start date
M

Mountainclimber

Hi there.

I've been in the RAF for 11 years and am a fairy Cpl.
I put my name down for RAFAT on the old gen ap lists way back in 1999 and in 2006 was at the top....just as JPA made the lists redundant.

I've put it on the JPA preferences drop down but I dont understand how PMA deside who gets posted there.

Im just getting posted into the support helicopter world but one day still hope to get RAFAT.

I know of someone who got BBMF then a year later posted to RAFAT and just wonder how this was possible.

Can anyone explain how it works and if there is anything that can be done to better my chances.

Thanks MC

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Hi there.

I've been in the RAF for 11 years and am a fairy Cpl.
I put my name down for RAFAT on the old gen ap lists way back in 1999 and in 2006 was at the top....just as JPA made the lists redundant.

I've put it on the JPA preferences drop down but I dont understand how PMA deside who gets posted there.

Im just getting posted into the support helicopter world but one day still hope to get RAFAT.

I know of someone who got BBMF then a year later posted to RAFAT and just wonder how this was possible.

Can anyone explain how it works and if there is anything that can be done to better my chances.

Thanks MC

Talk with your ACOS trade maning desk..:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts

Regarding joining the sparrows.....

The way the real estate prices are there right now, my preferred option would be to buy land in Greece, and then simply sit back and wait for bits of the RAFAT to join you.

briggfairy

Sergeant
have you tried putting Lincolnshire and hawk as your jpa preferences? i have it on pretty good authority that this is what they look at for all postings then into what else you've got in the drop-downs, having just been posted prob hasn't helped you case though, you could have to wait for a couple of years and hope theres a space when your available!

Other than than speak to acos manning, or your hr guys on your station for any other ideas!

Back