• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Regiment Officers

• Thread starter Thread starter Goober
  • Start date Start date
G

Goober

Hey guys I've been working on my fitness etc and reading up a lot on my options for joining the RAF Regiment and was wondering if you could answer me a few questions. First, I fancy going in as an Officer but want to be out and about still, not just sat behind a desk, so do Officers still go on patrols etc?
Also I have read that the Officers are supposed to show a good example fitness wise and be slightly above gunner levels, is this true?
Finally how likely is it I will get to see the world, such as survival courses etc?

Cheers guys

W

Will.I.am

Q1- Yes you will still go out on patrol. However the majority of time in the hanger is spent admining the flt (dealing with MMA, charges, training programme for the flt, SJARs, Regt Offs Essay and other niff naff and trivia that your Tac Sgt doesnt want to deal with). You'll phys your lads every day, and do sqn level phys normally on a Friday before you knock the lads off for the weekend, while you go back to work and carry on with the above.

Q2 - Yes. Your fitness needs to be up there with the best on your flt.

Q3 - Normal career progression for Regt Off

First tour - Flt Cdr on Field Sqn
Second Tour - RTS(B) Inst, RSO,SW Flt Cdt
Third Tour - Ops O, SF etc. Its at this point you could be looking at things like going to St Mawgan for SERE trg.

Back