• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Removing USB installations

Shugster

Warrant Officer
Hi All,

I'm working on a Bluetooth project at home using a Belkin Bluetooth USB dongle.

I made a hash of the installation and let windows do the installation instead of using the disk provided, (Yeah I know, doomed to fail from the outset!).

I have now installed the right software but windows still takes control and the correct software can't see the dongle at all.

I've been down the Add/ remove road and uninstalled in the device manager but can't seem to uninstall a key element somewhere.

Any ideas?

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hi All,

I'm working on a Bluetooth project at home using a Belkin Bluetooth USB dongle.

I made a hash of the installation and let windows do the installation instead of using the disk provided, (Yeah I know, doomed to fail from the outset!).

I have now installed the right software but windows still takes control and the correct software can't see the dongle at all.

I've been down the Add/ remove road and uninstalled in the device manager but can't seem to uninstall a key element somewhere.

Any ideas?

Have you looked in device manager to see which driver the device is using mate?

Shugster

Warrant Officer
I tried to update the driver but it said it couldn't find a better one, or something along those lines.

I think the drivers are OK. It can send and receive OK but the problem is that the "Right" program can't take control of it.

I want to make a serial port for data transfer.

zola403uk

SAC
after you have uninstalled it.. is it still showing in 'Manage Internet Connections' as the default connection?

Back