• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RGB rast ?

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Until recently, I've been using PrimoPDF to create a PDF from Microsoft Word (previously Word 97, but now Word 2003). It seems to have stopped working. Bearing in mind that I've re-installed everything onto my new machine, it seemed reasonable to re-install it.

I get an error message to the effect that it requires .NET v2 and is ready to install that (WTF is it?). After what seems an age I get another error message :

[02/26/09,22:10:41] RGB Rast: [2] Error: Installation failed for component RGB Rast. MSI returned error code 1631
[02/26/09,22:10:42] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates RGB Rast is not installed.

Being a bit of a biff with computers, I haven't a clue what this is all about. Attempts to get the .NET (v3.5) from Microsoft results in the same error.

Can someone please advise where to get 'RGB Rast' or what to do about the problem?
Alternatively, suggest a different (free) Word > PDF converter might be OK.

The PC has Win XP pro, SP2 & a few other bits.

P

pie sandwich

Ive not done any googleing for your snag but RGB rast would be to do with the display, as in Red Green Blue (RGB) rast as in raster scan which is the refresh rate to your monitor (imagine the pic being generated from left to right starting at the top working its way down and repeat.

At least that will help you under stand what your looking at with the fault, as to how to cure it, I dunno with out using google.:PDT_Xtremez_14:

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Google is your friend!

A quick search for 'RGB rast' on google (strangely enough, the title of your thread) threw up numerous results.

This was the first result which Google came up with http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo.../thread/74d7c122-bb93-4949-90bd-4ca6cb04986b/

In future I suggest making Google your first point of call for computer problems!

Thank you. I got:-
"Sorry, we were unable to service your request. Please try again later."

So I did. I've read legal documents that make more sense than that stuff. It's like reading Swahili or Akkadian Cuneiform. Not only were there a wide varieties of 'options', there also seems to be a snag with SP3. I found one "instant install" thing but I've not tried it yet.
Enquiries are, as they say, proceeding.

Last edited:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Download Openoffice (www.openoffice.org), open your word document and click the little PDF icon in the toolbar - lo and behold, your lovely document is now a PDF file.

Best of all? Open office is open source software, so it costs you nothing.

I binned MS Office years ago.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Download Openoffice (www.openoffice.org), open your word document and click the little PDF icon in the toolbar - lo and behold, your lovely document is now a PDF file.

Best of all? Open office is open source software, so it costs you nothing.

I binned MS Office years ago.

An excellent point, Monty. I've a copy of OO somewhere on a disk. However, last time I used it I had trouble with the document format.

I had another go at getting .NET thingy this morning. No bloody doings. Trying to look up the RGB rast and stuff resulted in even more impenetrable gibberish.

Oh I wish I had WordStar 6 under dos!

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
I get an error message to the effect that it requires .NET v2 and is ready to install that (WTF is it?).

Microsoft .net framework is a sort of track which other programs use to run along or piggy back upon (I can't describe it any better). It has a library of standard information which the program uses (saves the bother of rewriting them from scratch) and it also manages the programs memory usage and other functions.
If the .net framework isn't isntalled, the program that is piggbacking on it won't run.

Back