• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RN to RAF

• Thread starter Thread starter crazyivan
  • Start date Start date
C

crazyivan

Hello Gents

I've been in The RN for six years now as a Writer/Logs(pers) and I should be getting promoted to Leading Hand this year. The Thing is I'm feeling a bit tired of the whole RN thing and wondering if transfering to The RAF might be a good idea.

The big question is; would I have to start again (basic training) from the very begining, or would it just be a case of changing uniforms?

I already know JPA inside out and spent plenty of time working with the RAF and our army friends.

Any advice and comments would be helpful.

Cheers Chaps

insty66

Corporal
Hello Gents

I've been in The RN for six years now as a Writer/Logs(pers) and I should be getting promoted to Leading Hand this year. The Thing is I'm feeling a bit tired of the whole RN thing and wondering if transfering to The RAF might be a good idea.

The big question is; would I have to start again (basic training) from the very begining, or would it just be a case of changing uniforms?

I already know JPA inside out and spent plenty of time working with the RAF and our army friends.

Any advice and comments would be helpful.

Cheers Chaps

Don't know what you'd have to do but you'll have to learn how to salute properly!:PDT_Xtremez_14:

Good luck, I'm sure you'll enjoy a lighter shade of blue!

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Being TG1 if I was to do it all again I would go the dark blue route. 24yr old SGT's indeed! Pah! :PDT_Xtremez_42:

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I don't think they have that option anymore, they have to work for it like the rest of us.

They still have fast trackers - so its still possible to get SNCO by the time you're in your early-mid twenties.

REME still run the Artificer scheme, but you'd have to sully yourself as a Pongo!

MattBombHead

Sergeant
Best people to speak to would be an AFCO.

There are quite a few of our Army brethren transferring at the moment, and some are only doing a small part of Recruit Trg...

T55

Sergeant
I really can't understand why anyone would want to join the RAF now, however, HR are now in higher pay pand so that is an advantage.

Back