• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SAC (T) postings

• Thread starter Thread starter buzzkillington
  • Start date Start date
B

buzzkillington

Anyone know what the score is with postings for sac(t) at the moment? Meant to be finishing FT course in the not to distant future an it would be nice to have an idea of where mechs are beeing posted, better still would be a posting!

PVRisthefuture

Sergeant
I've heard SAC(T)'s can be posted to RAF stations, and perhaps other joint service units. In fact, wherever they're needed.

Hope this helps.

Anyone know what the score is with postings for sac(t) at the moment? Meant to be finishing FT course in the not to distant future an it would be nice to have an idea of where mechs are beeing posted, better still would be a posting!

All I have to say on that one is I hope you like East Anglia and dark, dank, windowless, civvy run bays as thats where you are most likely to be headed.......sorry to spoil your oh so new and shiney view on the air force but unfortunately it does, at times, suck to wear a blue suit.....

Ease Springs

:PDT_Xtremez_30:

B

buzzkillington

Would prefer life in a tent then one rotting away in a bay, either way i gues it will be a few weeks yet before we hear anything, i mean who needs to sort quarters out ay lol. cheers guys you have given me a bit more of an idea of what to expect

Are you not entitled to 90 days notice on posting?

I know back in the day they use to call your FT course a detachment to get round all sorts of rules, surely the RAF aren't still getting away with that old scam.

M

MakkaPakka1

Our course certainly didn't get 90 days notice, and I only left tossford in the autumn. Was a right dick dance getting a quarter.

Out of 16 on the course 12 got bae/rolls royce marham. We're enjoyin it (for now). The place aint as bad as the roumors. Its only bad if you're one of these types who sits inside all day and plays COD all day and night. Pleanty of stuff to do if your prepared to look. The fact that there ain't a swimming pool here isn't the 'be all and end all'.

M

mumbles

I think its beneficial for SAC (T)s/AMM mk2s to finish at cosford and go into bays or 2nd line environments, the ones we've got onto the line are disadvantaged because they wear the same rank as the older scheme techs and yet alot of them have never really done much trade work (lets be fair its not the same in a training environment) yet they seem to be expected to perform at the same level.
Yeah its boring in a lot of bays/hangars but its the bread and butter stuff- split pins, wire locking etc (as a heavy) that ours seem to struggle with and through no fault of their own cos yeah we all start somewhere and need to learn.
I remember being beasted by a JT non stop who'd merrily watch me work away, then point out it was anti locked or whatever and happily watch me try it again, soon picked it up.
And before anyone goes off about me being anti amm or anything I'm not, somenones gotta be there to make the tea

Back