• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SAC(T) TG4 tour at Virginia Beach.

kcoates1

LAC
Just noticed a standard 3 year tour to Virginia Beach has just come up on the manning website. Wondered if any one has been out there recently and could give a run down on the job, cost of living and any other general information or advice.

Lingus99

LAC
Just noticed a standard 3 year tour to Virginia Beach has just come up on the manning website. Wondered if any one has been out there recently and could give a run down on the job, cost of living and any other general information or advice.

I went out on when the unit was first established and returned to the UK beginning of 2012.

I know things have changed quite a lot since I was there as far as the job goes so I don't really want to comment on that, but I can give you some direction on the the lifestyle.

We foind it was quite expensive to set up over there. We spent about 7-8 thousand on the initial move, mainly because of car purchase and eletricals, but you can get an advance of pay to assist with that and obvioulsy can be picky on what car you get. My advice now would be to spend as little as possible on arrival and improve later on once you have settled. There is also the advantage that you will be replacing someone so will probably be able to buy some of their things too. Insurances are a bit expensive too, but there are some companies that deal with the military and you can get a bit of a deal and be able to spread the payments.

Let me know if there is anything specific you want to know and I'll help where I can.

Not always the best job to have when I was there, but the area more than made up for it.