• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Saving You Tube

shiny_arse

SAS Inspector
Morning IT Gurus,

Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction of some reputable freeware that can download and save YouTube content and the like.

Was using VDownloader to save video/music clips onto my IPOD but lately their search options are throwing up less and less results and most of the time will not allow a save due to "invalid URL".

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers SA :PDT_Xtremez_30:

Mightierthan

Corporal
I think that RealPlayer free edition has a 'grab & save' function whereby if you hover over any video clip you get a little pop up which allows you to download & save it with one click of the mouse.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Morning IT Gurus,

Wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction of some reputable freeware that can download and save YouTube content and the like.

Was using VDownloader to save video/music clips onto my IPOD but lately their search options are throwing up less and less results and most of the time will not allow a save due to "invalid URL".

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers SA :PDT_Xtremez_30:

I use the VideoDownloader addon for Firefox. You have to click it while the balloons are still spinning :) Works on an "adult" site of a similar nature too :)

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I think that RealPlayer free edition has a 'grab & save' function whereby if you hover over any video clip you get a little pop up which allows you to download & save it with one click of the mouse.

I use the free version of this (Real Player SP) and it's easy to use. It offers conversion to other formats (such as Mac, PC and even Blackberry). A pay version is available which allows you to burn it onto CD.:PDT_Xtremez_30:

Works on an "adult" site of a similar nature too :)

I don't visit that kind of site!:PDT_Xtremez_42:

HTB

Back