• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SDSR Effects on Recruitment

• Thread starter Thread starter reccemaster
  • Start date Start date
R

reccemaster

Hi Guys and Girls.

Following the recent announcements made within the last review I was wondering what peoples thoughts where about the effects they will have on recruitment.

I have my views; I also know that I as a member of the public may not have all the facts. But getting rid of Nimrod and Hercs ealry is madness (not that I have an infested interest of course). Follow this up by a statement from Cameron to Obahma to reassure him of our 'world class capability' is almost a joke now (or will be). Will all the old MR2 crews now retrain to Crewman thus no new Cwm needed next year?

Whats people thoughts.

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
Hi Guys and Girls.

Following the recent announcements made within the last review I was wondering what peoples thoughts where about the effects they will have on recruitment.

I have my views; I also know that I as a member of the public may not have all the facts. But getting rid of Nimrod and Hercs ealry is madness (not that I have an infested interest of course). Follow this up by a statement from Cameron to Obahma to reassure him of our 'world class capability' is almost a joke now (or will be). Will all the old MR2 crews now retrain to Crewman thus no new Cwm needed next year?

Whats people thoughts.

Of course, recruiting figures wil be massively affected. to what extent, we haven't been told yet as there has been no decision WRT posts to be made redundant, trades affected, etc.

WRT MR2 crews, again no decision has been made. Pound to a penny, some will go down the Crewman route. How that will affect recruiting has still to be decided. Watch this space!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
These are my thoughts so make of them as you will...We have been perfecting ASW since the second world war and the collective experience on that subject held by the AEOp cadre is without doubt the best in the world...With some careful selection of people of the right experience and age groups we can hold on to enough of that experience in case in the medium term we magically change our minds and aquire some kind of ASW asset...So we can shove as many as we can to the Navy and Merlin...Some can fill what few ground jobs we have for a while but not for ever and again as many as possible could be found flying positions on other frames...This would offer us a chance to claw them back, refresh them and set them back up in the ASW business...

The impact may be that for a while recruitment in other NCA trades will be low to non-existant...and you can understand why I'm sure....

Back