• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Seakings have a longer shelf life

D

dodgysootie

Will probably be for the Commando variant, which is a troop /cargo carrier with an underslung capability. I think the Fate for the SAR variant is already sealed.

(I am very drunk at the moment!!!)

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Doesnt appear to be much different to what already happens.
Instead of paying Westlands millions we're paying Rolls Royce millions.
Dont forget that the RAF fleet of SeaKings only takes up 20% of the amount of SeaKings in the forces. The navy have shedloads of them, both onboard and out in Afghanistan.
Big yellow RAF helicopters will be a thing of the past before long. Military SAR will become what it was originally supposed to be instead of a big PR machine and rescuing johhny public. That will be done by a contracted firm in the future.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Big yellow RAF helicopters will be a thing of the past before long. Military SAR will become what it was originally supposed to be instead of a big PR machine and rescuing johhny public. That will be done by a contracted firm in the future.

Even with out future King at the helm of one of them ?

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber

I hope not. It would be a disaster for all and sundry. MilSAR gets to do real practice on some daft /injured b*gger thus refining the skills necessary for plucking Mil Personal out of the Oggin or wherever.

Back