• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Search and Rescue posting in Devon ( Chivenor )

Jp8

LAC
Hey everyone.

I am coming to the end of my techy course at Cosford and we have to put our posting choices in soon. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me if you can still be posted to the search and rescue squadron in Devon ? I know they still had a small squadron at Royal Marine Base Chivenor ( 22 squadron ) because i did work experiences with them before joining the Air force. I remember not so long ago hearing that they wanted to make search and rescue Civi run and maybe keeping just RAF pilots ? but i really have no idea what actually happened in the end and when i ask around no one really can give me a straight answer lol

So yeah if anyone knows if you can be sent to Chivenor in Devon as an Aircraft technician ( Avionics ) would greatly appreciate any info !

Thanks

Jon

Back